Display Like a Designer
So many times within our homes we find ourselves baffled in just how to add that little touch or spark to make our homes unique. We can see it in store window displays, or on the pages of magazines, but when we give it a try it seems to fall flat.
So here are a few tips designers use in their work.
1. You probably have everything you need right now. If you look through
your cabinets you will most likely find those special little items that have a
history. It could be that small, painted box you picked up at a market on
your last trip or something you regularly collect like shells. The point is, take
stock of what you have collected through the years and bring them out where
you can enjoy them. If you are excited others will be also to learn of the
origins of your items.
2. Imagine if they were displayed differently, such as bowl collection mounted
on a wall or your favorite shells placed on a large platter. When we give
ourself the things we love and have gathered along with the chance of an
interesting display we have the perfect combination.
3. Don’t be afraid to try, but keep a tight lip. Designers wait for the
responses of others rather than seeking them out. Be ready to hold your
ground. Then carefully weigh any critiques before you make
4. The internet is full of expert advice. Take some time and explore how an
expert works. Then imagine how your items might look if displayed the same
5. The biggest part….make this fun!!! Think of it as play hour and let your
intuitive side do the work.